Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Finally The Sabre Finished

well here's the sabre in all it's glory (and all the mishaps and accidents, but still what's important is I've learned a lot while building it, specially pre-shading)









here's one mishap, the putty I used to fill the intake had left a crack, I'm going to actually fill again, I left it as it is since I may not have anymore time for this kind of pictorial hehehe...



while I was filling the intake with Mr Dissolved Putty, some of the putty dripped onto the yellow band near the intake and after wiping it off, it also wiped off the decal and here's what happened after...














another mishap...while I was spraying the final coat of 50% clear and 50% flat from tamiya, it seems my airbrush spurted out a line of flat (tamiya's flat without clear is nothing else but whitish paint) on the green camo on the left wing below the german cross decal, fortunately it blended with the camo, looked like the base color gray so I just left it as it is...





I washed the wheel wells with a pastel wash consisting of green, yellow and some brown...













No comments:

Post a Comment